- Get sun protection: The sun is the single greatest ager of skin. Wear a sunscreen with an SPF30 every time you go outdoors.
- Eat more fruits and veggies—they packed with vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that help support and protect the skin.
- If you’re a smoker, stop! Puffing on cigarettes increases the wrinkles around the mouth, and cigarette smoke significantly increases dryness and wrinkles in your skin.
- Get a grip on alcohol. Alcohol dehydrates and depletes your skin of necessary nutrients, which causes a dull appearance.
- Stop stressing out. Under stress, our bodies produce a hormone called cortisol that increases your blood sugar level, that in turn initiates glycation a process that damages collagen, leading to increased lines and wrinkles.
- Get more sleep. Lack of sleep causes more dark circles and bags under the eyes and noticeably dulls the skin color.
- Get moving. Exercise gets your blood flowing and that means that oxygen and nutrients are better carried to the skin
- Stop making faces. Become aware of your expression—repeated facial expressions can cause frown lines that con contribute to aged appearance.