Consultations with your board certified plastic surgeon are important, so you are able to educate yourself about all of the options and decrease any anxiety you may have for the upcoming procedure. To get the most out of your consultation, here is what you can expect before and during your appointment with Dr. Johnston:
Before you leave home:
- Research your procedure ahead of time. This can help you know what to expect and develop any questions or concerns you may have for Dr. Johnston during the consultation. He highly recommends having your questions typed or written down, so you can make the best out of your time.
- Johnston asks to please leave all children at home. Since the consultation is a learning process, this eliminates distractions and allows you to concentrate on what procedures are best for you.
- Feel free to bring your spouse for a second opinion.
- Bring in all necessary paperwork and information completed before the consultation, so you are ready to go when you arrive to the office.
During your consultation:
- Johnston offers complimentary cosmetic consultations to discuss your desired changes and expectations. He will review your medical history and current health to make a suggestion of what procedures are best for you.
- This is a great time to ask your questions, so that Dr. Johnston can reduce any anxiety you may have for surgery.
- With the procedures suggested, Dr. Johnston will discuss what results you will see with help from computer imaging.
- After you and the doctor agree on the procedure, you will sign a consent form that you are fully aware of the results and the potential side effects.
- If you need to finance your procedure, ask about your options during the consultation and Dr. Johnston can provide information to help.
Dr. Johnston’s consultations are held to improve your overall experience at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates and get you the best results possible. If you have any further questions about your consultation, contact us today.